Saturday, December 4, 2010

The task (day zero)

To try to encourage me to write more i am setting myself the task of writing one piece of creating writing a day for 10 days. And it must be a complete piece too, not something half finished which i what i usually do.

So here's mine for today; it's a creative piece; almost a poem (sort of) on what the world might be like in a few years now, inspired by the last few hours i've spent on the net today...


I sit on my bed, back against the wall and laptop in my lap. I’ve been sitting like this for three hours now and my productiveness is probably into the negative but I can’t seem to draw myself away.

The world these days is lived so much online that it’s hard to think of something to do that doesn’t involve a computer or phone or some other electrical device.

They have taken over our lives

When I was younger I used to spend my time reading; devouring book after book as fast as I could buy them.

Those days are in the past now, books are so last decade.

Now I sit infront of a screen,

clicking,

staring,

occasionally typing when I have anything worth saying….

I know the pointlessness of it but I can’t help myself;

time flys by in the outside world but here in front of the screen it nearly halts completely.

An endless cycle of flicking between tabs.

Nothing ever changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment